A New Normal: Travel 2021

Join me as we begin again- as we discover a new way to travel- a safer- more cautious way. May we appreciate every single day we have and not forget what isolation and fear and separation required of us.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

British Isles Adventure July 20-August 5, 2017



            I’m losing count of my cruises but I believe this is nearly 55. This adventure is one my friends Steve and Susan Zweig have been wanting to do for several years and David and I had wanted to join them. We are finally getting to do it, although David is only joining in spirit. This is my 6th cruise without him, he would be thrilled that I have managed to continue exploring the sandbox and the seas. While I’ve been lucky enough to go to London several times, this is my first experience in most of our ports.
            This trip is 12 days with 10 ports, very port intensive. Princess Cruise lines is known for having a lot of ports on their voyages and this is no exception. We will depart from South Hampton. Our stops include Guernsey Island, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Invergordon (Loch Nes), Edinburgh, and LeHarve France before returning.  After completing this journey I will meet Tina in Miami for an Eastern Caribbean cruise! Yes I am addicted!
            Lilly Hahn has once again to room with me. She first joined my Transatlantic adventure with Tina and Becky after David died. She then was a part of the wedding cruise to Santorini last year and now I have talked her into this adventure. I believe I have her hooked. We are very compatible, like sisters but better because no arguments. She’s one of my few friends that are my age. Both independent resilient women with three children around the same age, both grandmothers now, both formerly married to lousy attorneys named Paul with ugly custody battles over time. We are going a couple days early to spend some time in London, one of my favorite cities in the world. We shall then take the National Express to Southhampton, stay of course in a Marriott, and head to the pier on July 24.
            Steve and Susan will come into London the day before and head by ship transfer to Southhampton. We will join up on the ship the first evening and begin our joint adventure. Steve was David’s best friend and he and Susan were brave enough to travel quite a bit with David and I. We explored the Mediterranean, Rocky Mountains, and Caribbean together and had so much fun. Many wonderful memories in those trips. This is our first trip together without David and I’m sure there will be a glaring hole, but we will fill it with fun in honor of him.
            I suppose I need to make the same disclaimer that David did when he wrote about our journeys. These events are my recollection and excuse in advance all misspellings and mistakes.  I will be limited by the Internet at sea as they charge per minute and thus I wont be able to post as many photos as I would like because they take forever to upload. However, over the years I have discovered that these journals of our travels are the most precious of all souvenirs. They are worth every minute it takes to write them and every dollar to share them. I’ll do my best but no way can I be as entertaining as David! Enjoy!

            

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to keep up with the adventures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment