A New Normal: Travel 2021

Join me as we begin again- as we discover a new way to travel- a safer- more cautious way. May we appreciate every single day we have and not forget what isolation and fear and separation required of us.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saturday May 26
A journey to Bear Park



Our final day- journey home begins tomorrow. The conference was a half-day long. Highlight for me was a talk from David Clark who was a friend to Cicely Saunders- he has just finished a biography I cant wait to read. At the end he read a passage from Cicely that brought tears to my eyes. Brought back special memories of David and I going to St Christopher’s Hospice the spring before he died. 

Einstein sitting atop the city in the Rose garden
After the conference we set off for the famous Bear Park. Its really neat- on a hillside by the beautiful glacier fed river that runs through town. A male, female and daughter bear- we only got a glimpse of daddy but he was cute. We went shopping for chocolate only to find everything but restaurants closed on Saturday and Sunday- insane. Found Einstein along the way- he spent some time here in Bern, however sources differ on how long. 


Everything is VERY expensive here! Our wonderful buffet breakfast today $26- but two pastries yesterday were half that! Food that made me sick the first night was $30- pizza $30. Last night good food but  also $45. Tonight great PK Chang type Chinese buffet at hotel $64 but we finally got full!







Beautiful glacial river runs through the city


Its been an amazing trip but Im beyond ready to go home and see my new house and get moved in! I miss you Ollie and Parker and everyone else as well. Its been a fantastic time away- and you know that when you are ready to return. Ill stay overnight in Philly on Sunday and home to KC on Monday- and I got upgraded to first class so life is fantastic! I close on the house first thing Tuesday morning. 

Above all I am so very lucky that my best friends are also my collaborators. We work hard but we also have an amazing time. We have lived and traveled together for almost 3 weeks and still enjoy one another. These are the things that matter most. Thanks for joining my journey! See everyone soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment