A New Normal: Travel 2021

Join me as we begin again- as we discover a new way to travel- a safer- more cautious way. May we appreciate every single day we have and not forget what isolation and fear and separation required of us.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 7- Sea Day

Formal night

Cant decide- have both!


We sleep in until 8 this morning- today is a sea day- LOVE them. I go to the buffet and catch a great breakfast- then head to my favorite part of the ship. Hot stone chairs in a mediation room overlooking the ocean. My definition of paradise! $99 for the week- that is where I will be alot! Also have some amazing different types of showers in there- heaven on earth.

We meet for some Ginger Pear Ice Tea in the atrium- WOW is it awesome. Brewed at our table and poured over ice- this will be a constant treat! We are trying to decide about the specialty restraints and they tempt us with a display and description. The price is high- given my cold we will wait and see.
I decide to get some writing done this afternoon and focus on the chapter for our textbook. Love writing at sea- so easy to think! Feels good to check in at work and move my brain just a little toward home.

On the way to dinner we discover it is formal night- oops! Tina heads back to change clothes. We get some photos taken. Dinner is amazing- we could not decide so each have 2 main courses. Steak and scampi for Tina, Steak and portabella mushroom with goat cheese for me. Our waiter got a discount for the specialty restaurants for us so tomorrow we go Asian Fusion and see what happens. Hoping I can start feeling better for the steak house later in the week.

After dinner Tina heads to a movie and I enjoy playing cards- broke even- good thing. There is a really fun looking new poker game on board but you need more than 1 person to play it- they stuck it off to the side and thus no one sees it to know when people are there- hoping at some point I can try it. At 11 we meet at the “Silent disco party” which involved people wearing glow in dark headphones. So funny as the crowd dances to no sound and begins shouting.


San Juan tomorrow. Our plan is simple- taxi to a beach I know for Ben and Jerrys, the castle and Walgreens for medicine. We dont arrive until 3pm so we have a relaxing morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment