A New Normal: Travel 2021

Join me as we begin again- as we discover a new way to travel- a safer- more cautious way. May we appreciate every single day we have and not forget what isolation and fear and separation required of us.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 1, 2017: Invergordon



It is with heavy heart I enter this day- thinking of Becky and Justin as they learned yesterday of the unexpected death of a former roomate. A lovely young man whose future was ahead of him and his world ending. He was coming to Missouri to experience the eclipse- so sad. As Justin and Becky begin their new life a cloud is now over them. It is times like this we want to hug those near us a bit harder- and I’m across the ocean.

Invergord0n is the p0rt to Inverness- home of the L0ch ness monster and entrance to the highlands. There are large 0il rigs 0ff the coast here. The small c0mmunity here is my destinati0n. I had studied ahead and #7 on trip advisor list here was Scottsburn Croft- a local craft company with a tea house and cafe a couple miles out of town. Luckily Lilly and I decide to hit the shopping area first “high street”. I learn that the lady who owned it was not successful in her sh0p h0wever she continues t0 let a lady in town sell her handmade things. Its a cute tiny town with alot 0f crafts and I buy a Scottsburn Croft purse, a few Red Deer buttons and a hand made leather necklace. I also talk a women out of a beautiful piece of red Scottland made wool on her table given there is n0 fabric store in town. As I wandered on my own I found a 1816 church serving tea and coffee. Two gentlemen named John sit and chat about the town and ask me ab0ut the US. They are totally charming- telling me 94 ships will st0p here this season and they meet pe0ple fr0m all over the world. As I leave we take a quick photo- a highlight of the day.

Lilly comes back with more sea treasure and s0me lovely craft items as well.

A word ab0ut last night. After another fun dinner we head to see the second show of The Beatles a Celebrati0n. The group of actors and singers gets the crowd going and cheering again. I’m certain I saw them on another ship several years ago- very good!


Tomorrow is Edinburgh- a magical city David talked so much about. We have a bus too take us there and we shall walk the Royal mall and the Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment